2018 Noosa Rainbow River Festival – Celebrating Love
Noosa will again be bringing the Queens back to Queens-land and turning up the volume on the post Mardi Gras party scene with the third Noosa Rainbow River Festival on 16 – 18 March 2018.
Partygoers will celebrate with a weekend of festivities, kicking off with welcome cocktails by the river followed by Melony’s Bar Hop along Noosa’s famous Gympie Terrace, hosted by Noosa’s favourite drag queen, Melony Brests. Saturday features the Festival Extravaganza, showcasing the Powderpuff Girls and guest band Flashback. Wrapping up on Sunday will be the highlight of the weekend, the family-friendly River Parade and picnic, led by the fabulous Rainbow Party Boat.
The Festival has something for everyone – from a family-friendly, BYO riverside picnic, through to a party with a band and live drag performances.
The whole Noosa community is invited to join us on the Noosa River for the famous annual River Parade. Hire a boat, bring your own boat or join the official Rainbow Party boat and party in the sun on a two-hour adventure up and down the Noosa River and canals”.
The theme of this year’s River Parade is Rainbow Love, so we’re asking everyone to be flirty, be daring and definitely be fabulous!
For more details visit: www.facebook.com/rainbowriverfestival or www.rainbowriverfestival.com.au
• Friday 16 March 2017:
• Welcome sunset cocktails at the Noosa Yacht Club: 5pm. (Free event)
• Melony’s Bar Hop: 6:30pm Departs from Noosa Yacht Club (Free event) limited number of places available. Tickets available from ticketebo.com.au/melonysbarhop.
• Saturday 17 March 2017:
• Festival Extravaganza at Villa Noosa. 8pm – 12am. Featuring the band Flashback and the fabulous Powderpuff Girls. Cost: $10 – tickets available from ticketebo.com.au/NRRFparty . 18+
• Sunday 18 March 2017
• BYORiverside picnic near the Big Pelican (on the grass area; look for the Rainbow flags) 10 am – 12 noon. (Free event)
• The River Parade starts from the jetty at 172 Gympie Terrace at 12 noon – 2 pm. Turnaround at Noosa Woods where Melony Brests will be putting on a free show. This is a free event open to all. A limited number of tickets for the official Rainbow Party Boat, the Catalina, are available from https://saltwaternoosa.iwannaticket.com.au/event/rainbow-love-party-MTQ3MTg. Cost $15 each. Drinks can be purchased on Board.
• Farewell drinks at Red on Thomas (18+free event)
Any NBA members who have boats are welcome to participate for free in the River Parade on the 18th March. If you would like to contribute any vouchers, fliers, samples etc to the 100 goodie bags that will be distributed, the festival will advertise on Facebook any NBA member accomodation, meal discounts, etc for the festival guests.