Noosaville Business Association – TERMS & CONDITIONS OF MEMBERSHIP
Please read the terms and conditions carefully. Contact us if you have any questions.
Classes of members
The membership of the association has the following classes of members:
- Associate members (the number of Associate members is limited)
- Ordinary members
An application for membership of the association must be:
- In writing
- Signed by the applicant
- Membership fees must be paid
The membership fee for each class of membership is:
- An amount decided by the members from time to time at a general meeting
- Is payable when, and in the way, the management committee decides
Admission and rejection of members
The management committee must consider an application for membership at the next meeting of the committee held after it receives it:
- If a majority of the management committee members present at the meeting vote to accept the applicant as a member, the applicant must be accepted as a member to the class of membership applied for.
- The secretary of the association must, as soon as practicable after the management committee decides to accept or reject an application, give the applicant a written notice of the decision.
When membership ends
- A member may resign from the association by giving a written notice of resignation to the Secretary.
- The resignation takes effect on:
- The day and at the time the notice is received by the secretary; or if a later date that is stated in the notice the later day.
- The management committee may terminate a member' s membership if the member:
- Is convicted of an indictable offence; or
- Does not comply with any of the provisions of these rules; or
- Has membership fees in arrears for at least 2 months; or
- Conducts himself or herself in a way considered to be injurious or prejudicial to the character or interests of the association.
- Before the management committee terminates a member's membership, the committee must give the member a full and fair opportunity to show why the membership should not be terminated.
- If, after considering all representations made by the member, the management committee decides to terminate the membership, the secretary of the committee must give the member a written notice of the decision.
Last update: 24 November 2015